Monday, March 2, 2009

Sasha Andracchio-2nd post on the blog

Now, here is the rest of my project from March 2nd. I used the trombone to determine how length affects the pitch in sound of musical instruments. When the main slide was fully retracted I played a flat F. Then I extended the main slide by 3 inches. When I played the instrument a flat of E was shown on my tuner. When the main slide was extended by 3 more inches the result was a flat of E flat and then 3 more inches was a flat of D. Then when the tube was retracted by 3 inches the note was a flat of E. When the tube was retracted again 3 inches the note was a flat of E. For the Bb clarinet when all tubes were connected the note played was a sharp of A. When the top tube called the mouthpiece was separated by 1/4 of an inch the note was a flat of A. For the other tubes: barrel (more flat of A), upper joint (sharp of G sharp) and the bell (sharp of G sharp). When the bell was pushed up all the way the note was a sharp of G sharp, for the upper joint pushed up fully flat of A and upper joint less flat of A. That is the entire experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment